Sunday, November 17, 2013

How I spent my fall vacation

Seattle, y'all, is a very hip and happening place.  They also don't frown on nonhipster types like me.  All are welcome!  There are great restaurants and hotels, beautiful scenery, and delicious donuts.  Of course I mean Top Pot Doughnuts.  There are Top Pot locations around town but I chose to walk 2/3 of a mile from my hotel to eat at the Mothership location.  (The roast beef sandwich they make is also delish.)

My trip to Seattle coincided with getting a new camera.  I'd been talking about getting a new camera for a while, wanting something more robust than the point and shoots I'd been using that would also give me more control.  Of course, after buying it, I thought it was too extravagant a purchase but I decided to shut up about it because I'd been saving and I wanted it a lot.  This was my first outing with my new camera-love and I enjoyed photography again.

So what did I do on my vacay?  Walked a lot -- one day I walked about 4 miles -- and got together with good friends (had an excellent time with them) and an old boyfriend (yikes) but I also took some pictures of my food plus I got the moon to cooperate.  Yeah, I lassoed that rock and got it to hold still for a moment so I could take its picture.  Of course, it was a little dot on the original picture but with minimal cropping, you can almost think you see the Man in the Moon himself.  And what else did I see on my vacay?  A genuine mushroom forest!

Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts, 2124 5th Avenue, Seattle

Double Trouble on top, Maple Glazed Old-Fashioned below

Living the dream in the Mushroom Forest

Handheld photo!  (I sometimes have a steady hand.)

1 comment: